To facilitate for Cambodian youths to explore their inner potential in ethic awareness
and social participation
If you are planning for a day, plant rice
If you are planning for 20 years, plan trees
If you are planning for future generations, plant leaders.
Organizer: Youth Education Buddhist Center (YEBC)
Location: Tep Pranom High School, Srok Pagnealoe, Kandal Province,Cambodia.
1. Name of Project: Dhammacarika Youth Camp Project or Youth Leadership Education
2. Vision and Mission Statement:
Most Cambodian people recognize themselves as Buddhists in which this faith has embraced
their spirit, way of life, culture and thought. Buddhism has played important roles in Cambodian society in the past, present and future. Through the profound teaching of moderation, middle path, self-reliance, mindfulness, ethic-based individuality, compassion, tolerance, non-violence and enlightenment has led Cambodian people to a satisfiable level of spiritual.
Following decades of civil war, major social infrastructures have been abolished and split apart especially Buddhism which is considered as the main institute of society, has been degraded. During Khmer Rouge regime, those perpetrators started their expedition by destroying temples, sacred sites, burning scriptures, disrobing and murdering Bhikkhu monks. Definitely, they killed most of the educated figures. When most educated monks have been eliminated, the chronic difficulty of national Buddhist education is clearly informed. Nowadays, we are lack of effective leaders, up-to-date text bookss and accurate curriculum.
Seeing these disadvantages, we are the young generation of Cambodia have initiated to establish Khmer Youth Education Buddhist Center to embark our journey specifically targeting young monks, students and children by providing them the opportunity of searching their inner capacity, leadership, self-awareness and wisdom for themselves, their peers, neighbors and communities.
Our important objectives are:
- To provide opportunity to young monks, students or children to explore their inner
potential through meditation and interaction.
- To develop leadership capacity for monks and young students
- To instruct them to be aware of learning sciences compatible with ethic responsibility.
- To guide them in an appropriate way of replacing their bad habits and negative thought.
- To wake them up in the spirit of becoming good children, good students, good friends, good citizens and good followers.
- To envision them in learning, practicing, caring and spreading their proper culture and tradition.
- To practice the Dhamma in order to gain inner enlightenment and pay gratitude to all elders, ancestors and heroes / heroines
4. Project duration: June 1st, 2011 to June 5th, 2011
1. Target place:
-Tep Pranom High School, Phum Tep Pranom, Srok Pagnealoe, Kandal Province, Cambodia.
-participants: 1993 students with 943 girl students
- Mr.Sophan Seng = Consultant of Project (B.A, MA, and PhD candidates)
- Mr.Bo Pao = Consultant of Project (B.A)
- Preah Bhikkhu Vath Vibol = Executive Director and President of Project (B.A of MCU)
7. Curriculum and Teaching Process:
a. Dhamma Comprehension Classes
- Dhamma teachings of young generation existing of Morals, Concentration and Wisdom
- History of Lord Buddha for the exampler of life development
- Ethics and Behaviors emphasizing on Five Precepts, Five Dhammas, and Five Good Characters of People
- Developing our life through three aspects of Birth, Awakening and Enlightenment
b. Practicing Classes
- Chanting mantras and undertaking five precepts
- Training to act courteousness, prostrating, and good-looking positioning.
- Practicing to sit meditation, walking meditation and spreading good wishes
- Question, answers and short skits
c. Social participation
- Training them to be aware of Nation, Religion and King
- Getting involved in maintaining and spreading of Khmer culture
- Involving in social and natural environment
- Reminding them to the virtue of Triple Gem and Parent
8. Estimated Budget:
Estimated budget for one project cost arount $ 1500. Each project will be differently spent.
9. Budget Expected from: NGO, Local Community and international donors
10. Expecting results:
- All participants can have self-disciplinary and self-reliance
- All participants can be aware of doing good deeds, avoiding all evil deeds and purify their mind.
- All participants can develop themselves to become a good child, good student, good friend, good citizen and good follower.
- All participants can enhance and raise up their capacity of social leadership
- All participants can learn to develop tolerance, compassion, generosity and non-violence
- All participants can share their visions and critical issue to better their community
- All participants can get involved more and more in protecting environment
- All participants can contribute their experiences to bring along with sustainable development.
11. Responsible persons and Contacts:
1/.Bhikkhu Vath Vibol, Executive Director, Tel: (855)12 31 29 08, 90 722 050
Watt Prasatbakong, Bakong Commune, Prasatbakong Districk, Siem Reap, Cambodia
E- mail: email@example.com www.cambodianyouth.org
2/. Preah Maha Hom Sothea Tel: (855) 12 329 694
3/. Preah Maha Douk Dom Tel: (855) 12 913 724
4/. Mr. Bo Pao Tel: (855) 17 379 730
-Mr. Sophan Seng, Tel: 1 (403) 455 8294
(B.A, MA., PhD Candidate)
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org /email@example.com/
-Mr.Bo Pao (Admin and Human Resoorce Manager )
Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Tel : (855)17 379 730
Youth Education Buddhist Center will be responsible for reporting to donors, and stakeholders.
Thank you very much,